Saturday, October 24, 2015

Jesus Christ or thug?

Having had friends in all walks of life, I have met a lot of people who genuinely don't know the real Jesus.You see, in my experience some of the human population hears the name "Jesus" and thinks "oh not that guy, why in the world would I want to go to some boring church to hear about some boring man who wore rope sandals and wasn't afraid of athletes foot? "  Now I'm going to be real with you, my opinion of Jesus is that he was a hardcore thug. That's right, a bad mama-jamma.
Convinced yet? No? Well let me tell you a little about my main man JC. Well aside from the thug pose he likes to strike in every other picture...
right? what a G. 
Anyway  has anyone ever read Matthew 21:12-13? Well if you haven't don't worry I got you!
" Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. "It is written" he said to them " 'My house will be called a house of prayer', but you are making it 'a den of robbers.'"
How cool is he though? Again, JC is a thug! He literally went into that temple and was like "seriously? Are you seriously selling stuff in my house? I TOLD YOU NO!" he then turns to the guy next to him and says " hold my sash" then completely flips out. Seriously people picture the hulk with a beard and long robes. I just like to imagine what the people in the temple were thinking. Personally I would be thinking "OH SNAP, WE GOTTA GET OUTTA HERE!", but you know that's just me. Anyway that's just one story of how Jesus is a thug. What would be going through your mind if you saw an angry Jesus in the temple? Do you have a gangster name for Jesus? JC and the boys or J-Breezy maybe? Let me know at abigail.kate.fowler@gmail.com, or tweet me at @akfowler01 !
Thanks for reading!
ya girl, Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment